There are over 200+ ranking factors that influence Google and other search engines like Bing, Yahoo, etc. in deciding how to rank your website and bring it on the 1st page. Search engine optimization is the process that businesses go through to make sure that their website ranks high in the search engines for relevant keywords and phrases. SEO requires patience but the pay off can be huge!
Types of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
There are primarily 3 types of Search Engine Optimization:
- On-Site SEO (On-page)
- Off-Site SEO (Off-page), and
- Technical SEO
On Site SEO
On-site SEO (also known as “on-page” SEO) is the act of optimizing different parts of your website that affect your search engine rankings. On-site SEO consists of anything you can control on your own website to improve your rankings. Below is a checklist for On-Site SEO;
- Site Speed Optimization
- URL structure
- Keyword Presence
- Alt text for images
- Headings, Subheading and Title Text
- Blogging – high quality content
- Schema Markup
- Create a good network of social media profiles
- Link Building
- Page experience
- Creative and Customized 404 Error page
- Core Web Vitals
- Mobile Friendly Website
- Fast loading pages
Off Site SEO
Off Page SEO (also known as “off-site” SEO) focuses on increasing the authority of your domain through content creation and earning Backlink from other websites. The biggest off-page SEO factor is the number and quality of Backlink to your website. Social media shares of your content that ultimately generate links back to your website is one such example.
Some of the Off-site SEO techniques are;
- Blog Commenting
- Guest Posting
- Forum Posting
- Video Marketing
- PDF Sharing
- Infographic Sharing
- Press Release
- Web 2.0 Submission
This type of SEO organizes your website and focuses on the behind-the-scenes work of optimizing the code in a format that Google understands so that it shows more often (and higher) in search results.
How important is search engine optimization: Stats
Search engine optimization is quite similar to visibility. It helps in increasing your reach and improves the visibility of your website. SEO is important for social promotion because Google displays your website on search engines; many people share your website on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- 93% of your customers won’t go further that the first page of Google.
- 79% of customers who report dissatisfaction with website performance are less likely to buy from that same site again.
- 64% of the Smartphone users expect pages to load in less than 4 seconds.
- 47% of customers expect a webpage to load in 2 seconds or less
- 1 second delay in page load means 11% loss of page views
- 1 second delay means 7% reduction in conversions
- Updating and republishing old blog posts with new content and images can increase organic traffic by as much as 111%
- Blogs with images receive 94% more views than blogs that are text only
How Search Engine Optimization can Skyrocket your business: Benefits
Although appearing in Google’s search result is absolutely FREE but getting a good rank on the search engines had never been easy. In order to rank for a better position in the Google Search Engine Results Page (SERP), it takes hard work, effort, investment and consistency. For better traffic, the website Page Titles should be the same as page name within 60 characters while the Meta Description should be within 120 characters.
Here are some crucial benefits how Search Engine Optimization can skyrocket your business:
- SEO leads to better user experience
- Search engine optimization is an inbound strategy and is the primary source for leads
- Search engine rankings result in Higher Conversion Rates
- SEO promotes Better Cost Management by lowering your advertisement costs
- 81% of shoppers conduct their research online before going to the store and making the local purchase
- SEO helps in building brand credibility and increasing market share
- Search engine optimization helps in establishing brand awareness
- Long-tail keywords contain 3 or more keywords.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) helps businesses stay ahead of the competition
- Helps to increase your Followers on Social Media
- Long-tail keywords are easier to rank for and you can use long-tail keywords to generate more conversions.
- SEO blogs help in targeting long-tail keywords
- SEO is beneficial as a Long term marketing strategy
- Improves your website speed and keeps you well ahead of the competition
- The largest source of free site traffic
- SEO does not involve Paid Ads but provides great Insights
- Improves your return on investment for digital marketing
Effective SEO Techniques to Drive Organic Traffic
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is all about driving organic traffic to the targeted website to bring in qualified leads for the business. Here are some effective SEO techniques of all times that will help you in driving organic traffic towards your business:
- Improve User Experience across your entire website
- Use the “Inverted Pyramid Style of Writing”
- Optimize for Voice Search (people are lazy, they prefer voice search instead of typing on the mobile keypad)
- Make your site Mobile friendly (most of the people use Smartphone nowadays and chances are they will try to find your site on the go)
- Focus on Topic Clusters Instead of Keywords
- Write Longer Content (Pillar content rocks!!!)
- Take Advantage of YouTube SEO
- Create a Diverse Backlink Portfolio
- Never, Ever Overlook Technical SEO
- Target Local Searchers with Local Landing Pages and Listings
- Measure SEO Performance
How can your businesses increase their Search Engine Optimization Traffic?
No matter how pro you are, you cannot increase you’re the SEO traffic of your website in a day or two. For better results, it takes ample amount of time.
Here are some crucial parameters that can guide your business increase SEO traffic for better and improved results:
- Complete an SEO Audit on your website
- Learn what your users want
- Create SEO optimized landing pages
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly
- Grow your traffic with Infographics
- Optimize your content for RankBrain
- Write at least 2000+ words
- Post valuable content on social media
- Use advanced SEO Backlink strategies
- Link to external sites with high Domain Authority
- Snag broken link opportunities on Wikipedia to build links
- Find and use your competitors’ SEO keywords
- Use AdWords copy in your On-page SEO
- Use multiple keywords in SEO page titles
- Monitor your Google Search Console statistics
- Regularly update your old content
- Revamp old articles with more organic traffic potential
Do you really know as to why should you care about SEO?
Billions of searches are conducted online every single day. This means an immense amount of specific, high-intent traffic.
Search Engine Optimization is one of the strategies that will help you ace the competition. It is the ability of a website to gain quantitative and qualitative website visits through organic search engine results.