The term “Business Intelligence” (BI) rotates around the innovation driven process for analyzing data and conveying noteworthy data to take splendid business choices.
Business intelligence tools are all about helping you understand trends and deriving insights from your data so that you can make tactical and strategic business decisions. But how do you know which business intelligence tool helps you achieve the online goals?
In this article we will explain the top 10 Business Intelligence tools that will help your business in scaling newer heights.
- Power BI
- Pentaho BI
- Dundas BI
- EasyReports BI
- Looker BI
- Zoho Analytics
- Yellowfin BI
We will discuss about them in the subsequent sections:
Microsoft Power BI is a web-based business analytics tool suite which excels in data visualization. It allows users to identify trends in real-time and has brand new connectors that allow you to up your game in campaigns. Microsoft Power BI can be accessed from pretty much anywhere. Power BI even allows its users to integrate their apps, deliver reports and real-time dashboards.
Features of Power BI
The features of Microsoft Power BI have been listed below;
- Customized Visualization Visibility
- Power Pivot
- Power Query
- Power View
- Organized and Accessible Data
- Easy Implementation Process
Advantages of Power BI
The advantages of Microsoft Power BI have been listed below;
- Minimal upfront costs
- View Power BI reports across multiple platforms and devices
- Consolidate multiple data sources through Power BI
- Instantly share dashboards
- Drag-and-drop functionality
- Drill-down functionality
- Schedule Data Refresh
- Embed Power BI Dashboards in Dynamics NAV 2017 Role Center
- Write simple sentences to run report queries
- Growing Power BI online community
Tableau is Business Intelligence software primarily used for data discovery and data visualization. Using Tableau, you can easily analyze, visualize and share data, without having the IT team to intervene. Tableau supports multiple data sources such as MS Excel, Oracle, MS SQL, Google Analytics and SalesForce. Tableau is free for personal use.
Features of Tableau
The features of Tableau have been listed below;
- Tableau Dashboard
- Collaboration and Sharing
- Live and In-memory Data
- Data Sources in Tableau
- Advanced Visualizations (Chart Types)
- Robust Security
- Mobile View
Pros of Tableau
The pros of Tableau have been listed below;
1. Remarkable Data Visualization Capabilities
2. Ease of Implementation
3. Quickly Create Interactive visualizations
4. High Performance
5. Use of other scripting languages in Tableau
6. Multiple Data Source Connections
7. Thriving Community and Forum
8. Mobile Friendliness and Responsive Dashboard
9. Tableau can handle large amounts of data
QlikSense is a product of Qlik, a company also known for another business intelligence tool called QlikView. You can use QlikSense from any device at any time. The user interface of QlikSense is optimized for touch screen, which makes it a very popular BI (Business Intelligence) tool. QlikSense is a complete data analytics platform that sets the benchmark for a new generation of analytics. With its one-of-a-kind associative analytics engine, sophisticated AI, and high performance cloud platform, you can empower everyone in your organization to make better decisions daily, creating a truly data-driven enterprise.
How is it different from QlikView?
A big difference with QlikView is the feature Storytelling. Users add their experience to the data and by using snapshots and highlights making the right analysis and decisions has become a lot easier
Features of QlikSense
The features of QlikSense have been listed below;
- Associative Model
- Smart Visualizations and Analytics
- Self- Service Creation
- Centralized Sharing and Collaboration
- Data Storytelling and Reporting
- Embedded Analytics, Custom Applications, and Extensions
- Data Preparation and Integration
- Enterprise Governance and Scalability
- The QIX Engine
Advantages of QlikSense
QlikSense offers all of the benefits of a self-service tool, and is centrally managed where users create their own dashboards which draw on secure libraries and governed data. The advantages of QlikSense have been listed below;
- Data integration and linking is made easy due to the associative model.
- QlikSense helps in spreading data literacy by intuitively drawing meaningful insights from data and hence, learn to comprehend data.
- Provides a suitable platform for the enterprise ecosystem where development can be carried out using a multi-cloud platform.
- QlikSense provides the atmosphere for interactive analysis
- Smart analytics as there are options for system guided analytics like the Insight Advisor.
- QlikSense is compatible with all sorts of devices like desktop, tablets, laptops, mobile phones. This makes creating and analyzing the applications much easier.
- The centralized hub acts as a platform for collaboration and sharing information, data, reports, applications with other users.
- Custom application development is possible by the virtue of embedded analytics having open standard APIs and development tools.
- Reporting of the final data analysis is made easier by features like report sharing in formats like PDF, XLS, and PowerPoint.
- The software provides flexible and robust security provisions.
- The capability of data scaling is also very beneficial to the users who need to use a large amount of data from big data sources.
- The multi-cloud architecture has made this software one of the best as it leads to efficient functioning in the areas like data security, scalability, processing ensuring optimum performance of the tool.
The Pentaho BI suite is the world’s most popular open source BI suite. It is a Data Warehousing and Business Analytics Platform. The tool engages business clients to get to find and union different kinds and sizes of information.
Pentaho is a Business Intelligence tool which provides a full spectrum of Business Intelligence capabilities, and a BI platform including query and reporting, interactive analysis, dashboards, data integration and mining. It also offers a comprehensive set of BI features which allows you to improve business performance and efficiency.
Features of Pentaho BI
Pentaho Reporting primarily comes loaded with the following features −
- Report Designer
- Metadata Editor
- Report Designer and Design Studio
- Pentaho user console web interface
- Ad-Hoc reporting interface
- A complex scheduling sub-system
Advantages of Pentaho BI
Pentaho Reporting has the following advantages:
- Pentaho BI is a very intuitive tool. With some basic concepts, you can work with it.
- Simple and easy to use Business Intelligence tool
- Comes with a user-friendly interface and provides various tools to Retrieve data from multiple data sources
- Offers single package to work on Data
- Has a community edition with a lot of contributors along with Enterprise edition.
- The capability of running on the Hadoop cluster
Dundas BI is enterprise level business intelligence, data analytics and dashboard software and powerful browser-based analytics solution for building and using interactive dashboards, reports, scorecards, and more. It is flexible and scalable, with a responsive design that lets users integrate data from any kind of source in real time.
It can be accessible from any device, it functions on its own or users can embed it into other kinds of software. It is intended to be a solitary device to change information into visual information investigation with “granular power over all visual structure components. There are different types of views in Dundas BI that all display data using data visualizations which are connected to metric sets.
Features of Dundas BI
With easy, smart and intuitive design tools using drag and drop you can quickly design dashboards and reports. Here are some features of Dundas BI:
- Easy, smart drag and drop design tools
- Fully customizable visualizations to create personal and professional dashboard views
- Wide range of visualizations, styles and themes
- Responsive design options
- Advanced Visualization Interactivity
- API Support and Integrations
- Build on HTML5 Foundation
Advantages of Dundas BI
Here are some advantages of Dundas BI:
- Dundas BI has a very intuitive and easy to learn UI.
- Easy to set up and configure visualizations and reports
- Good documentation and online resources
- Good integration with many data providers
- ETL functionality outside of SQL to allow users with no access to the main SQL DB or SQL skills to easily perform data manipulation
- Good email support with good level of technical knowledge to help address the issue.
In the next part of this article, we will discuss about:
- EasyReports BI
- Looker BI
- Zoho Analytics
- Yellowfin BI